On 16.12.2006, at 19:50, Hannes Magnusson wrote:

On 12/16/06, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> Time to turn it off in php.ini-dist in addition to php.ini- recommended?

I would instead change them to php.ini-development and
php.ini-production. In development you'd want to have this stuff on..

I think its time for a vote on that. We've been talking about it long enough.

+1 !

ok warming up an old topic.
it seems most people are in agreement that the above is a good idea. (so speak up if you think its a bad idea .. otherwise it just might happen ..)

so it would be ok with us RM's if someone starts working on this ASAP .. this would essentially entail reviewing the current php.ini files we ship and giving good defaults for development and production.

ideally this should be done with the beta1 release, because i envision there will be a bit of a need for discussion (especially from the side of the end users).

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org