Hey Matt,

Matt Wilmas wrote:

9. tokenizer misses last single-line comment
(http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=46817)

I was going to take care of that one, as I mentioned in a previous
message, though it's been awhile since I've been delayed much longer
with stuff here. :-( (Nothing set up for building PHP on this system
yet; hope to in the next several hours finally, and do some things!)

Sorry I missed you're earlier email.  I saw this sitting on the 5.3 todo list and it was
breaking some of our parsing so I figured I'd take a stab at it.  Here is my current
patch http://tekrat.com/downloads/bits/php53.scanner_eof.patch, please let me know if you
have some suggestions/changes.  It sounds like you commented on this initially so please
let me know what you/we should do ie: merging my patch/your work, commiting this, or if
you had a better fix in mind etc.  My biggest complaint is that my current patch requires
adding \x00 to any exclusion rules ("[^").

These changes for handling EOF should probably be ported to the INI scanner as
well for the above reason and to keep them similar.

As far as I know there's still the other comment-related issue where no
Warning is giving about "Unterminated comment ..." for unclosed /* ...
It's all of course related to the fundamental re2c issue, for now, where
when the scanned input ends while a variable length part of a rule is
being matched, it just aborts ("return 0;") in YYFILL().

I don't seem to see this problem, perhaps I'm not reproducing it correctly?

And that applies to the case Lukas gave in the bug report: WHITESPACE
pattern is variable length.

Didn't see/find this is there a bug # or link?

-shire