Daniel Convissor wrote:
> Folks:
>
>> I propose the following behavior: "Throw a deprecated warning unless
>> magic quotes are currently enabled and the
>> parameter is to disable them".
>
> The function is going away.  A deprecated warning is necessary to alert
> people of this fact, no matter how the function is used.

I'm sorry, but there is a bug here.

On my system, magic_quotes_gpc is enabled by default, and no
E_DEPRECATED warning is thrown.

Check it out.  Compile a vanilla PHP 5.3, and run php -n -i |grep magic

It's probably an oversight, but if it is intentional, we can't punish
people for disabling something that is enabled by default.

Greg