On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Stanislav Malyshev<s...@zend.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> One more thing: It seems there is no reason not to simply commit it to
>> HEAD. That's the development branch, if the thing isn't good, it can be
>
> Erm, I was under impression that development branch is for developing new
> functionalities which were agreed on, not for committing any code that
> anybody wanted to without any consensus or agreement on what should happen
> with it. So yes, there's a reason not to "simply commit" this or any other
> major language-level functionality without prior discussion. The fact that
> you can remove it doesn't mean you should commit first and discuss later.

As I agree with that statement, we have to accept that we have a
consensus about this addition. For what I can read the implementation
is almost complete, there are issues but they can be fixed afterward
as well as all the other side effects we are going to have, no?

Cheers,
--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org