On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 04:50, Greg Beaver<g...@chiaraquartet.net> wrote:
>  The disadvantages are obvious: everyone has to have an account and give
> their email address to report a bug.  The advantages are also obvious:

I *hate* when I am required to signup and do all sorts of weird
validation crap before I can file bug reports.

Things get even worse when projects hide the "new bug report" links
for not-logged in users.
I tend to drop out of the process midway and get to the conclusion
"apparently they don't want me to report bugs".

Also, there is no reason to maintain user system for bugs. Just
outsource the login to openid or a "captcha" questions ("Are you a
zombie?" don't know/yes/no).

-Hannes