Hi,

so, 5.3.1 out just a few weeks but due to the merge-based process and
some delays in there the changelog for 5.3 is already quite long and so
I'd like to restart the release process there soon.

My current plan has one RC this week, one more before Christmas, maybe
Tue 22nd, then a Christmas break, a RC early/mid January  and release
late January. I don't think we could be faster but having some RC before
Christmas might get some people to test it on their new PCs they get,
people who won't test otherwise, while on the other side I don't expect
too much actual work being done during that time.

Given the discussions and ongoing refactoring work I would keep the FPM
SAPI out of 5.3.2 but aim for integration with 5.3.3. (Tony / Michael)

As a process: In general I think the release branch approach is a good
one while we had some trouble as there doesn't seem to be any software
to really manage release branches, but the wiki evolved to a good enough
merge tracker[1] imo. (The second problem with this approach was some
personal distraction I had)

Any comments?

johannes

[1] http://wiki.php.net/todo/php531/log