2009/12/7 Ilia Alshanetsky <i...@prohost.org>:
> Johannes,
>
> While the separate branch release for 5.3.1 was a worthwhile experiment, I
> think it creates too much opportunity for missed patches and quite frankly
> makes the whole release process confusing and complicated. My personal
> preference would be that 5.3.2, not be released from a separate branch.

It was actually the exact opposite. We did not miss patches once we
were synced. The way we tracked the patches also let us actually
define what must go in and what not, avoiding the classical last
minute bad patches. The key to success is to do not let go months
between a commit and its merge to the release branch, which was a real
pain when we began 5.3.1.

Cheers,
--
Pierre