On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 09:11 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I would rather have some kind of rules defined before opening trunk
>> again (or the pandora box). That's what we are discussing right now.
>> May I know why you choosed that now is the right time to do it and
>> declare it open?
>
> We have rules.  Large features, write an RFC and we discuss it.  Small
> and obvious improvements follow commit-then-review as before.  We don't
> need more complicated rules than that.

Right, but what I mean was about releases. But it seems that it is
what Derick meant too. trunk remains trunk (development), not a
release branch for a hypothetic version.

How the next version will be done and when is another discussion. And
I tend to agree with you about complex processes. However we do need
to drastically improve the way we do or plan releases. It can be done
without affecting the way we work, only the way we release and the
releases frequency.

Cheers,
--
Pierre