+1 to remove magic_quotes from trunk

Most of us want to get rid of this feature. I agree with you that some
people probably don't know php.ini and magic_quotes but i'm not sure
that even if we wait we'll find a better way to tell them about those.
People (not all) on shared hosting don't really pay attention to PHP
upgrades on their server even if it's a major release and it's sadly
not going to change.

Pierrick