On Friday 16 April 2010 05:23:42 am Ferenc Kovacs wrote:

> I think that the hosting providers will do notice, and either not migrate,
> or send a mail to their users, warning to check their settings because if
> they are depending on the magic quotes, they will be in danger.
>
> So I think we don't have to wait for the shared hosting providers, because
> they will catch up as slow or fast as we go.

Given how long it took them to catch up to PHP 5 in the first place I don't
think we can count on that.

Such breakage should come in large chunks so that hosts only have to wring
their hands once every so often.  Otherwise they just won't upgrade ever.
Most run on very thin margins.

--Larry Garfield