Pierre Joye wrote:
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Adam Harvey <ahar...@php.net> wrote:

1. Apply Tomas's patch to make case-insensitive lookups
locale-ignorant. Pros: fixes immediate problem. Cons: breaks BC for
case-insensitive function/method name lookups for high-bit characters
in single-byte encodings. (Not that we've ever advertised or
documented that.)

2. Make function/method names case-sensitive, per Stan's e-mail. Pros:
fixes problem; brings PHP into line with most other languages; extra
consistency with variables; possible performance improvement. Cons: BC
break from current documented behaviour.

3. Do nothing. Pros: no BC breaks of any kind. Cons: continues to
annoy Turkish and Azeri developers and those developing for those
locales.

I don't think that option 2 and 3 can be done in 5.x. However I'm +1
for option 2 in PHP 6 (whenever it comes).

Cheers,
As Lukas clearly stated, case sensivity is not an option for PHP 5.4 so I was voting for option 2 in PHP6 anyway :)
--
Steven