Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:
But the main point was ... where is the NEWS for all the features added to
>  trunk? We need the alpha to create the news to decide what needs changing
>  before releasing.
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/php/php-src/trunk/NEWS?view=markup

Simple example of the problem with that ...
line 53
- Added scalar typehinting. (Ilia, Derick)

Where there is a bug fix, there is at least a bug report to pick up on, but new features with just a single line reference then mean spending time trying to find the details.

Most of the 'added' lines mean nothing to me,and I can probably ignore them, but that is then when I get bitten later simply because the implications are not easily located?

At the moment I'm not seeing any real reason there that this isn't just a 5.3.4 release? If you take out the controversial stuff.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL