On 25 August 2010 01:47, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
> You seriously don't know why one needs constants or don't see a difference
> between constant E_WARNING equal to 8 and constant E_NONE meaning "nothing"
> and equal to 0? How about having constants ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR? Just in
> case, won't hurt anybody, right? :)

Daily WTF is that way. :)

I didn't lodge the original request, but I thought the reasoning
behind E_NONE was pretty clear: it's pointless, sure, but it visually
lines up with the other E_ constants. At that point, you can just make
the advice when helping out PHP developers on support forums "always
use an E_ constant with error_reporting" and not have the current
situation where sometimes you use a constant (or constants) and
sometimes you use a bare number, depending on what you want to
achieve.

Aside from the potential conflict issue Johannes noted, I thought it
seemed pretty harmless.

Adam