2010/11/25 Jani Taskinen <jani.taski...@iki.fi>:
> Who says it has to be 5.4? People seem to be a bit fixated on the version
> there.

I'd like to know too...

> Major BC breaks just means the version released from trunk is 6.0. And it's
> just a number. Big number, but still just a number.

Well, such a change tends to create a big buzz, without mentioning
stuff like certifications, trainings,...

We should avoid creating a virtual PHP 6.0 which will contain all the
BC stuff while all features appears in 5.x.
By doing so we will keep some shit in 5.x forever and won't have
anything appealing enough to migrate to 6.0!