On 11/23/2010 02:30 AM, Felipe Pena wrote:
Given the current state of trunk, I think 5.4 release process should
not begin tomorrow (alpha or whatever other status). There are
numerous identified issues that we need to fix before even think to
begin with a release. For example:

We also have no plan about what will or will not be 5.4. This looks
familiar, this is exactly how we begun 5.3 and it tooks literally
years to be released. There is also actually no agreement to begin
with 5.4 now.

5.4 should be hold off until we solved the listed issues and the
release management RFC gets discussed and hopefully approved.

+1