May I ask not to begin with that again? The php 2034 thing?

Let sort out what has to be sorted out, like the current proposals. In
the short term, a 5.x (with BC) is what users and developers are
looking for. We can then begin to think about the next big step.

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM, James Butler
<james.but...@edigitalresearch.com> wrote:
> Slightly brambly thoughts...
> I think (imho) the PHP6 hype in user land died down long ago after it became
> obvious it wouldn't materialise any time soon. It would be nice to see 6 to
> appear if only to break the (apparent) deadlock that the Unicode stuff
> brought on(I realise this is not enough justification by itself)
> What will this mean to all the Hosting providers etc who are still finishing
> long running 4->5 or  5.x -> 5.3 migrations? Will they resist change more
> because it looks like a bigger change regardless of the underlying code? As
> they provide installs/hosting for what I can guess to be a huge amount of the
> PHP's actual users is it factor that's worth considering
>
> I realise this is a Friday afternoon category comment but it can't wait..
> Think of all of those PHP6 books that will be reduced to near junk status in
> swift branch/commit action
> And as a bonus

Pierre