Hi Lester,

What you don't see is that you're against having it because you
already had the effort to built this support.
So answering your question related to use cases, you own codebase is a
good example.

You had to create a parser for docblock because PHP doesn't have
support. And now you're asking me why is it needed because you already
implemented it. It's like chicken and eggs.
You wouldn't need to implement a docblock parser IF PHP already supported it.

Also, you own comments answer you own question. You "compile" your
code for production removing the docblocks (or adding a cache, or
generating a file, etc, whatever you want). What does it prohibit you
from doing the same with native support?

Regards,

Guilherme Blanco
Mobile: +55 (16) 9215-8480
MSN: guilhermebla...@hotmail.com