Hi Stas,

Comments inline.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> If possible, could you look at the patch and give me high level ideas
>> of what could be changed?
>
> If the patch is the same RFC that is at
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/annotations, the same problems that were voiced a
> number of times on the list stay:

Currently it's not.
When I was going to update it, wiki went offline.

> - it is overly complex (see class User example - it's really a piece of
> code, I think it should be in the code)

That's just an example. I'll simplify it.
The main point there was to illustrate the ability to support nested
annotations. Exmaple using @:

@A(@B)

> - it introduces method call syntax not compatible with the rest of PHP
> - it introduces object instantiation syntax not compatible with the rest of
> PHP

This is already fixed.
@A(@B) would require class A like this:

class A {
    public function __construct(B $b) { ... }
}

class B {}

> These issues were mentioned before - were they fixed?

So your short answer is yes. =)

> The RFC also does not clarify where the code contained in annotations is run
> and how it would play with bytecode caches.

Sorry, this was one of the things that I was going to update. I'll
include it too.

--
Guilherme Blanco
Mobile: +55 (16) 9215-8480