[resending as the list appears to reject bit.ly URLs]

> As I agree on everything you wrote here, I don't feel like we need to redo it.
> The votes result is pretty clear, despite 2-3 people not willing to
> vote for whatever reasons:
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/shortsyntaxforarrays/vote

Take a look at
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/5/1712/Egypt/Egypt-Elections-/Mubarak-Despite-some-irregularities-elections-were.aspx
 .  Spotting any resemblance?  Look where he's at now :)

Major parts in the process weren't executed properly (I've spelled them out so
I won't repeat them).
It's quite possible that if they were executed properly, we'd have different
results.  Perhaps not, maybe even probably not, but unless we do it right we'll
never know.

Also, I suspect that you'd find that there are more than just a couple of
people who 'refused to vote'.  I'm betting that there are plenty of people who
had no idea a vote was going on, and plenty more that weren't entirely clear on
what exactly it is they're voting on - with all the discussion that happened on
internals@ spreading in half a dozen different directions.

Zeev