I know this topic has been discussed enough, but I think one argument was not brought up yet. The proposed solution has a bad OO design because it violates against the "Single responsibility principle". Another issue is that the proposed class is only one possible solution to load PSR-0 conform classes.

I have written a blog post about this issues. Maybe someone changes his mind after reading it.

http://blog.mohiva.com/2011/11/discussion-about-psr-0-autolaoder-in.html

Greetings,

Christian