On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 14:11 +0100, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
> So you say that you don't have the time to answer my questions?
> Given the fact that this is an open source project I think it is pretty
> reasonable to know that where is the development happening.
> I will refrain from replying to your personal comments, they have nothing
> to do with the topic brought up here, I would be happy if you could also do
> the same.
>
> To summarize, I just find it weird what you did here, not informing the
> team that you are "freezing" the code in svn, that you move the development
> from svn.php.net, and when asked to what is happening, and what is the
> plan, you simply won't answer those questions.
>
> I think that those changes can be seen as the development of peclweb isn't
> part of the php.net project anymore:
> - it is developed outside of the php infrastructure
> - it has it's own ACL, where the former contributors have no commit access
> - the changes aren't peer reviewed(sent to the mailing list) anymore.
> etc.
>
> I don't mind those changes if peclweb is your personal project, but I was
> in the belief that it is part of the php project.

I didn't follow this closely as I was told not to "waste my time on
peclweb" when I did some minor updates in August 2010.

But I agree: Major changes should be announced on the list. Additionally
I find it strange when single parts move to git, while there is a
migration project going on. I think this should happen in a similar way
for all repos not each part in a different way.

Additionally it seems that https://github.com/pierrejoye/peclweb/ seems
to be owned by a single person, not the php user on github.

johannes