On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 09:59:16AM -0500, Dmitri Snytkine wrote:
> I never said to make it mandatory, only to make it available. Just like the
> type hinting of function call is optional but not mandatory, which is a big
> advantage over Java in my opinion.
> After all, if you make return type hinting mandatory, it would break 100% of
> all existing php scripts.

Agreed. I did not make myself clear enough: It should be optional/available but
with an option to make it mandatory for a module -- on a module by module basis
so
that it did not affect code outside of the module.

--
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT