Hi,

2012/4/10 Arvids Godjuks <arvids.godj...@gmail.com>:
> I have a question - does it really bother people to type the <?php tag? I
> kind*a don't do that for how long, 4-5 years? Every IDE and every damn
> decent code editor does that for you. Hell, they even can create a template
> file for you!
> Some arguments are just plain silly.
>
> The point about file include attacks on the other hand is valid. Including
> code without the <?php tag does protect from things like uploading an image
> and exploiting a vurnelable include to execute the code. On the other hand
> you have the problem of BC and libraries with the <?php tag everythere - I
> haven't seen any real discussion about this. And beleve me, this will be
> the "WTF?!".

I agree.

Therefore, current behavior is the default. If newer code written with a
little care, the code is compatible for both embedded and non-embedded
modes. Those who are not willing to write opening TAG, it is possible a
single ini_set() or command line option, too.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/nophptags

Comments are welcome.

Regards,

--