On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > So this time, I would like focusing only on the following:
>
> I think before going into these, it is important to answer this
> question: what is the problem we're trying to solve?

the voting RFC explicitly states that it is possible for (some) non-vcs
users to vote, but there isn't any formal process on how can someone apply
for voting karma, and what is the decision making process on this.
we already had at least one formal submission (
http://www.mail-archive.com/internals@lists.php.net/msg54229.html) which
went unanswered and I was also questioned on irc/twitter multiple times
about how can somebody request voting karma.
I would like to be able point people to the right direction about this kind
of questions, but currently there is no official way of doing this.
I know that some of the wiki admins are already handed out a few people
voting karma, but there is no formal process, and it isn't transparent in
any way.
I would like to see that fixed.

--
Ferenc Kovács