hi Stas,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:

> I have a problem that we don't have understanding of what is the goal of
> this whole vote setup. What is it for? What we will be doing with it?
> And please don't say "it says so in RFC" - it is not a goal.

Let me clarify that and try to do not go backwards while we have
finally moved forward.

The goal is to have community leader participating in our design
discussions and decisions. It has happened already for a couple of
RFCs (accepted and rejected) and went very well. The FUDs about core
devs, legacy developers and the like loosing control about the
direction PHP takes has been killed, it did not happen and it is very
unlikely that it will happen.

How do the community leaders come in? They are usually very well known
and already participate to php in one way or another (bugs report,
testing, etc.) and are part of a known OSS project (we have drupal,
zf, symfony already for example). Having a couple of devs to second
their addition is also requested.

This has been said many times already in the past and it is said in
the RFC as well. We do not need over killed process as an attempt to
make php more closed to our communities.

Cheers,
--
Pierre