That's a good point, it should say the PHP tokenizer, or something to
that effect (folks who spend more time with the internals could say
better what to call it).

The major difference from his previous version of the RFC is his
addition of the .phpf format, which would allow including a .php file
with <?php and ?> in it from a .phpf file, but would not allow or need
any usage of <?php and ?> within the .phpf file itself.

--
Tom Boutell
P'unk Avenue