2012/4/24 Tom Boutell <t...@punkave.com>

> That's a good point, it should say the PHP tokenizer, or something to
> that effect (folks who spend more time with the internals could say
> better what to call it).

Hmm yeah I guess that wording is a bit sloppy, isn't it?  I'm not sure what
the "proper" terminology would be there.  Any suggestions?

> The major difference from his previous version of the RFC is his
> addition of the .phpf format, which would allow including a .php file
> with <?php and ?> in it from a .phpf file, but would not allow or need
> any usage of <?php and ?> within the .phpf file itself.

Partially correct.  That is the only practical difference, but I also added
clarifying language based on concerns raised here.  For example, I added a
section clarifying that the references to a file extension are merely a
convention and do not represent a new parsing method based on filename.  I
also added clarifications on how script inclusion would work vs. direct
access via URL on a webserver.