Pierre,

> Very nice work! Thanks :)

Thanks!

> I would update the RFC with the current available algorithms or
> recommended to be used (depending on the usage or goal).

When you say "currently available algorithms", are you talking about
the hash library as a whole? Or recommended for use with PBKDF2? Or
other iterated stretching algorithms similar to PBKDF2?

> About adding this to 5.4, I do not think it should be done. This is
> not a small change and it may require more testing, both for the
> implementations or the API (while it is fairly simple as of now :).
> php-next is next year anyway.

I'm not arguing that. When I proposed the draft earlier I had
indicated that it was for trunk, and others said it could go into 5.4.
That's why I put that section in the RFC. Personally, I'm in the
middle. I can see some advantage to adding it to 5.4, but I can also
see some disadvantages. So I leave that decision to others (such as
yourself).

Thanks,

Anthony