> If you use try/catch that much, that you begin to think about the
> syntax, you have an architecture- or design-problem.

"Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."
That's one thing I like about python: exceptions everywhere. Much cleaner than having to use empty/isset/*_exists all the time.

> PS: And if without brackets should be forbidden.
Enforcing coding style should be forbidden.
I never use brackets with 'if' if I don't have to because _I_ find it more readable, but I would never think about changing the language to make everyone use what I use (especially for such a trivial thing).

--
Léo Peltier