Sebastian Krebs wrote:
Of course it's a matter of code style [1], but one can write the ugliest
code with every syntax. This argument about "bug-prone" often confuses me,
because I for myself never had such a problem. I also never knew someone,
who had a problem with bracket-less blocks (but must say, that most write
blocks_with_  brackets, thus they_may_  have problems). I've often just
heard this "its bug-prone" (that sounds to me like "there are inattentive
devs out there" to me :X) as as killer argument...

10 years in to development work on projects combining library code from many sources, The indenting tends to get messed up over time, and it CAN be difficult to spot that the brackets are missing from a block. In addition to adding them as I spot missing ones, the indentation will also get tidied up to make things readable again. The latest injection problem I had reported turned out to be in the smarty library. The fix involved tidying the layout just to make sure I was in the right place when fixing it. ( 'highlight' would quite happily pass nasty code! ) It's all this code, the authors of which have now retired to an easier live which we have to maintain going forward :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL