Adam Harvey wrote:
As an update, I've now pushed the remaining changes to /releases to
make this "live" (in the sense of being linked from somewhere). I've
left it in the sidebar for now, rather than adding it to the blurb on
that page.

Thanks for that useful crib sheet ...
Another useful reference to add would be the initial release date for each?
I could have sworn I was using PHP5 before 2004, but then it was in RC for a while and my first production machines were on an RC. But more interesting is that PHP4 was only around 4 years before that? One tends to forget what a short life some of these things HAVE had. So PHP4 was killed off 4 years after it had been superseded.

Hindsight is always a pain, but if PHP5.3 had been launched as PHP6, then we would have had another 4/5 year cycle, and would now be discussing PHP7 4 years later again ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL