On 09/04/2012 09:36 AM, Adam Richardson wrote:
> I think Ferenc is correct in that this sounds like there's a custom
> error handler somewhere. If the custom error handler collects error
> info and then throws an exception (as has been detailed in various
> blog posts as one manner of unifying the errors), this would cause the
> trouble you're seeing.

Only on a new E_STRICT. Even with E_STRICT off by default, custom error
handlers are still called, and I think Lester said that turning E_STRICT
off made it work. So if this is the cause, then it has nothing to do
with E_STRICT being in E_ALL or not, nor whether display_errors is on or
off. It would have to do with the custom error handler blowing up on one
specific E_STRICT, which I find rather unlikely.

-Rasmus