On 18/09/12 18:14, Anthony Ferrara wrote:
Stas,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com <mailto:smalys...@sugarcrm.com>> wrote:

    Hi!

    > No it's not. A filter removes, but escaping lets the original
    content
    > pass through unchanged, with the necessary in-band signalling to
    make
    > sure that its content is not treated as in-band signalling.

    Again, you are confusing particular implementation of a particular
    filter with the idea of filtering. Moreover, even existing filters do
    not match your description:

No, he's not. Filtering and escaping are two very significant concepts in security. Just because PHP implemented some escaping concepts into the filter function does not mean that the concerns are co-related.
Ah, again you see, I'm confusing things :) In the security context, English language context, and signal processing context, a filter removes. In computer science, but not computer security, it processes.

I'm very confused :P

--
Andrew Faulds
http://ajf.me/