Hi!

> Filtering is very different from escaping. They each handle similar but
> unique problems:

It is a purely artificial distinction. Filtering is taking one set of
data and returning other set of data, it can be applied on input,
output, or anywhere you want to. Just because we used filtering for
input, does not mean we can't use the same for output, there is
absolutely no need to reinvent the wheel just because we're using it in
different place now. It is a mistake to think that because we started to
use filtering on input data, now the word "filtering" means it should
never applied to output and we have to invent whole new API to do the same.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/