Hi Michael,

See the link near the bottom of the RFC - even htmlspecialchars() has
unusual behaviour that's potentially insecure. I have no objections to
there being functions, of course, and the RFC makes that clear.
However, many programmers like me are obsessed are objects so having
an SPL class will obviously be near and dear to my design patterned
heart ;).

Paddy

--
Pádraic Brady