On 11/12/2012 07:08 PM, Adam Harvey wrote:
On 13 November 2012 08:44, Christopher Jones
<christopher.jo...@oracle.com> wrote:
Adam, can you:

   1. Add this link to the RFC?:
      https://wikis.oracle.com/display/mysql/Converting+to+MySQLi

   2. Mention how to turn off E_DEPRECATED warnings in the RFC?

When users of 5.5 stumble on the new messages, we can then simply
point them to the RFC.

Done and done. I've added a (short) workarounds section towards the
bottom, which can be moved up later if the RFC is accepted.

Against that, I'm not a big fan of RFCs as documentation, but that's a
separate discussion. :)

Content like this deserves to be in RFCs so voters can quickly judge the impact
of proposed changes on end users.

Thanks for adding it,

Chris

Adam