Rasmus,

If you look at the split in voting you will notice it is
> pretty much split along the lines of the people who have to maintain
> this code vs. the people who would like a shiny new feature.

I pulled some numbers, and this isn't really the case.

Based off of commits from the past year (since 2012-01-01), here are the
raw numbers:
No: 1238
Yes: 895

But if you remove the top 2 committing voters (in general, not tied to a
list), the numbers even out quite significantly:
No: 514
Yes: 456

So I think that point falls somewhat flat...

I'm not saying this to raise issues or anything. I just want to point out
that the active maintainers are working on both sides of the fence. It's
not a "maintainers" vs "the others" vote split...

Anthony