Hi!

> If we introduced BC breaks other than those, then we'd to review them
> and see why they have been introduced. But one thing is clear: we do
> not allow BC breaks between 5.x and 5.x+1.

We need a better definition of BC break then. Is deprecating an existing
feature BC break? Is adding a notice BC break? If something like making
isset($string["foo"]) not return true anymore or fixing 64-bit numbers
handling BC break? Each can break code that relied on old way of doing
things. If we ban all of them for 5.x we'd need to have 6.0 much sooner,
since otherwise we'd be stuck with a lot of old unfixable warts for 5
years.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/