Hi!

> ago I was once again confronted with errors under PHP 5.4. The module,
> responsible for the error: Content Access.
> http://drupal.org/node/1533186

I see there: Notice: Array to string conversion in
form_process_checkbox(). This means the module has a bug, and pretty bad
one at that, array-to-string is practically never intended and usually
leads to embarrassing results (I have seen one popular online newspaper
publish a column signed as "Array". True story). So it's not situation
of "works fine with 5.3 and breaks with 5.4", it's the situation "broken
in both 5.3 and 5.4, but only in 5.4 you actually know about it".

> I really appreciate all the work that is put into PHP by internals, but
> please keep in mind that the vast majority of users is covered by
> frameworks like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal et cetera. And especially the
> frameworks with lots of user-contributed extensions, plugins or modules
> are bound to be lagging years behind PHP core development.

If you are running buggy module author of which doesn't bother to test
with recent PHP versions (or, for that matter, to do proper unit testing
which would have discovered this problem earlier) - isn't it a little
risky?
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/