On 01/30/2013 06:47 AM, Zeev Suraski wrote:
This is the kind of info the RFC (and then user doc) should have.

I updated the RFC with two extra sections - 'what's an opcode cache',

This section extremely general and doesn't explain what the expected
feature set might look like.  I'm not asking for absolute certainties,
just a technical description of what is and isn't the goal. Is it the
complete Optimizer+, are there potential cleanups, do you see it being
enabled (if not in PECL) or disabled by default, etc.

Did I miss seeing the link to the current optimizer+ documentation?
http://files.zend.com/help/previous-version/Zend-Server-5-Community-Edition/zendoptimizerplus.html
(thanks Rasmus)

Your email comment to John Carter about Zend Guard decoder is also not
(yet) in the RFC.

Chris

and 'interaction with other plugins'.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/optimizerplus