On 01/29/2013 04:27 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
On 01/29/2013 04:17 PM, Christopher Jones wrote:
It would be useful to link to the current Optimizer+ doc from the RFC.
I believe the link is
http://static.zend.com/topics/Zend-Optimizer-User-Guide-v330-new.pdf

Different beast. Something like this is more apt:

http://files.zend.com/help/previous-version/Zend-Server-5-Community-Edition/zendoptimizerplus.html

Ah, ack.  The PECL extension and/or configure directive should use a
better name.  This confusion reinforces my main point: the RFC needs
more detail about what PHP will end up having.

Can you list potential platform or extension (XDebug) portability
issues?

XDebug together with an opcode cache is always a shaky thing and not
something we should be too concerned about. You would never want to run
both in production. It would be good if they didn't clobber each other
for dev environment purposes, but I am sure we can figure that out.

This is the kind of info the RFC (and then user doc) should have.

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com  http://twitter.com/ghrd
Newly updated, free PHP & Oracle book: