On 02/19/2013 09:45 AM, Marcello Duarte wrote:

And "just for you" is also inaccurate. You will find that the
technologies I've been referring to are becoming the tools you will
use for DevOps, etc... tasks. Do you guys listen to people outside
of internals? It would be good to have a feedback mechanism that
actually involve PHP developers in real world projects. I take that
if you are coding with other languages like C, all the time, that
you may loose contact with the way things are done.

I should add "don't flame existing developers" to
https://blogs.oracle.com/opal/entry/the_mysterious_php_rfc_process
(Note that "In summary" paragraph at the end).

Without getting into the merits of the syntax change, I will say that
the RFC is missing a lot: who will write the patch, where are examples
of syntax in other languages, where is the clear comparison with
existing PHP syntax, what are the quantifiable benefits.

Don't forget to update the RFC with the mail list comments, e.g. the
BC issue.  Even if your RFC is rejected, it will help future PHP
development if the RFC contains a summary of mail list discussions.

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com  http://twitter.com/ghrd
Newly updated, free PHP & Oracle book: