Arvids Godjuks wrote:
In principle, as a user-land developer, I agree with the motion. It's too
much fancy new shiny stuff lately and no actual improvement on the old
stuff that really needs fixing or updating/rewriting (PDO anyone? Years
behind every db driver extension there is in PHP, and as far as I'm
concerned - it should be dropped and concentrate on standardize the db
extension public API).

A BIG +1 on that ... there are a number of better options which would actually be a step forward rather than dragging everything back to the past with PDO's limited API !

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL