Good work everyone,

just FYI, there's some non-portable code in Zend OpCache (alpha5 was built
just fine), which prevents building of php5 beta1 on non-Linux systems:

FreeBSD: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=64490
Hurd i386:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=php5&arch=hurd-i386&ver=5.5.0~beta1-1&stamp=1363956014

While hurd might be not important, the general experience is that writing
portable code helps the general quality of the code :).

There might be more, but so far the Linux builds are ok even on some more
exotic archs (like s390{x}):
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=php5&suite=experimental

O.

--