On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > just FYI, there's some non-portable code in Zend OpCache (alpha5 was
> built
> > just fine), which prevents building of php5 beta1 on non-Linux systems:
> >
> > FreeBSD: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=64490
> > Hurd i386:
> >
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=php5&arch=hurd-i386&ver=5.5.0~beta1-1&stamp=1363956014
> >
> > While hurd might be not important, the general experience is that writing
> > portable code helps the general quality of the code :).
>
> We probably need to make it self-disable on systems where we don't have
> suitable flock driver.

It seems that GNU Hurd does implement flock(). I'll talk to Debian porter
team if they can help with the issue there.

> For freebsd though it's strange since it has if
> defined(__FreeBSD__) clause there. Is there some other define that
> should be checked instead?

The attached patch to 64490 is correct GNU kFreeBSD defines
__FreeBSD_kernel__, there's more info in here:
http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/porting/PORTING

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ond...@sury.org>