*From:* Nikita Popov [mailto:nikita....@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Saturday, June 08, 2013 3:54 PM
*To:* Zeev Suraski
*Cc:* Dmitry Stogov; PHP internals
*Subject:* Re: [PHP-DEV] [RFC] Internal operator overloading and GMP
improvements

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:

I would add that the purpose of this feature would be exclusive to
extensions that implement mathematical concepts, where the operators are
well defined.  In other words, arbitrary precision math, vectors,
matrices, etc. - yes;  Incrementing or decrementing a picture object to
change the white balance - no.

This seems like common sense... But just to be sure I added a note (and
your example) at the end of the
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/operator_overloading_gmp#applications_of_operator_overloadingsection
:)

Nikita