Hi!

> My main interest here is improving the usability of GMP - the operator
> overloading is just a means to that goal. With that in mind, I think it

I understand that, but operator overloading is not the GMP-only change.
It is a change deep in the core of the engine, and as such should be
considered as generic engine change. If you did it confined to GMP
module, it would be different.

> makes little sense to land just the addition of overloading, but leave
> the GMP changes out. That's why I'm doing them both in one :) Hope that
> makes some sense ^^

I'm sorry, but I disagree. GMP is one thing, and big core changes -
introducing operator overloading - is another. GMP refactoring by itself
is rather narrow thing, most PHP users don't even use GMP and don't need
it. However, introducing operator overloading for objects in PHP is a
huge thing with big implications for the future.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/