Hi Kalle,

Thank you for notifying E_ERROR/E_WARNING mistake.

2013/6/27 Kalle Sommer Nielsen <ka...@php.net>

> We already fixed a few of those in the past, I believe when 5.3
> was shipped, we had pretty much killed all of those along when the new
> parameter parsing API was being standardized.

hex2bin() is PHP 5.4 function and the behavior was change by PHP 5.4.1
so that raise E_WARNING for invalid length.

> I agree that this E_WARNING is sort of serve, and we should just
return false for invalid values

I prefer returning FALSE. Raising E_WARING/E_NOTICE for all invalid hex
would work, too.

> maybe an E_NOTICE could work better here even in case something fails
> and the developer must know WHY this happened, I believe we do this in
> a few places around the core and its extensions.

Yes, there are.
We would be better to have error/exception handling guideline
for consistent behavior for future releases.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki
yohg...@ohgaki.net