> PHP is a collective mind. Any dictatorship would mean a degradation for it.
> If you don't like how it's managed, there is an easy path:
>
> 1. Earn authority.
> 2. Propose a change.
> 3. Implement it.
> 4. Maintain it.
>
> Start with 1.

Why is earning authority a step in this process? This just seems like
yet another barrier to entry.

"You know enough C and you understand how to implement the feature,
but I've not seen your name around here so get stuffed."

That doesn't seem like a helpful attitude.

As for the comments about the FIG made by others, I agree with Larry
in that we're doing a pretty good job at trying to build on the
example set forward by internals. Self moderation and workflow are two
important factors to the group, and I don't feel like this 4 point
list is the sort of workflow anyone should be trying to follow or
enforce.