As I answered on Anthony's post, there is not much need for waking up,
or moving the talks to a forum, or discussing the problem to death here.

The problem is clear, and everyone involved on this mailing list is
aware of it to some degree. The only way this can be solved is if the
offenders self-censor and think twice before posting emails. This thread
is yet another example of abuse IMO. Every reply here is wasting a ton
of people's time, and we end up discussing discussion instead of making
progress.

For having been involved in the Rust community recently, I find that
their Code of Conduct [1] is great, and if everyone tries to follow it
discussions remain on point and civilized.

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-development-policy#conduct

I wish everyone would just take a deep breath after reading something
that makes them angry, and take another long one before hitting send
with a hurtful reply. If someone acts like a dick send them a link to a
code of conduct, either publicly or privately, and *ignore* everything
else they said. It's been internet wisdom for ages to *not feed the trolls*.

So if you want to do something useful: draft an RFC with a clear code of
conduct, put it to a vote, promote it. And if you don't agree see above,
take a deep breath and do not waste time answering this email to tell me
an idiot.

Cheers